This policy was last updated on 10th January 2024
Who looks after your personal information
- Your personal information will be held and processed by authorised members of the Overstrand Bowls Club committee.
We collect the following personal information you provide us when joining the Overstrand Bowls Club
- Email address
- Telephone number
How we use your personal information
- Identify and manage your bowls club membership
Who we share your personal information with
- Your personal information will not be shared with any 3rd party.
How long is your personal information retained by us
- We will hold your personal information for two years.
What rights you have over your personal information
- The law gives you a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including:
- The right to access the personal information we have about you.
- The right to rectification of personal information that is wrong or incomplete. Please inform us as soon as possible if personal information we hold on you changes.
- The right to request erasure of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to remove or delete your personal information. However, this right only applies in certain circumstances, including but not limited to withdrawal of consent, unlawful processing or where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- The right to object to processing where we are relying on legitimate interest and you object to processing where it may impact your interests, rights, or freedoms. This includes the right to object to processing of Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to portability where we are relying on your consent or performance of a contract as the lawful basis for our processing, or the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request that we provide your Personal Data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or port it to another data controller.
- The right to restriction of processing of your Personal Data. You have the right to ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Data, meaning that we keep it but do not use it, in the following circumstances: contesting the accuracy of the data until such time as it is verified; the processing is unlawful but you do not want your data erased; no longer necessary for processing but retained for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or you have objected to processing and verification of legitimate overriding grounds is pending.
- The right to withdraw consent where consent has been used as the lawful basis to process your personal data. This will not affect any processing carried out before consent is withdrawn. If consent is withdrawn, this may affect if or how we provide certain products or services to you.
How you can contact us
- If you have any questions, concerns or require more information about how we use your personal information, please contact us by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any concerns or complaints about our processing of your Personal Data or our response to you exercising your rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK data protection authority, the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).
What are cookies?
Which cookies does the Overstrand Bowls Club website use?
- We may use essential cookies to enable our site to function correctly, and you will have the option to opt-out of any non-essential cookies.
Talk to us
If you would like to find out more or to become a member of Overstrand Bowls Club please get in touch.